Careers at Visit Alexandria
Thank you for your interest in Visit Alexandria. We are currently are accepting applications for the following position:
Position Summary: Destination Sales Manager
Visit Alexandria promotes extraordinary Alexandria, Virginia as a premier destination for leisure tourism business meetings and groups. Visit Alexandria is a leading edge DMO with a results-driven culture that encourages creativity, idea testing, agility and passion.
Visit Alexandria seeks a creative and energetic Destination Sales Manager with a proven track record for a unique sales and marketing opportunity. Join a dynamic sales team to manage meeting sales for assigned geographic market segment and to assist the Sr. VP of Sales in cultivating the international travel trade. The ideal candidate will be a marketing-minded, motivated self-starter, looking beyond traditional sales strategies to engage customers and secure new business in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
• Develop and follow an effective direct sales plan to optimize existing market segment accounts and cultivate new business to include account management, prospecting, site inspections, tradeshows, sales calls, industry networking (committee participation), fam trips and signature events
• Incorporate targeted sales and marketing communications, special promotions and social media strategies to achieve individual and departmental goals
• Develop strong product knowledge providing destination expertise to customers and partners; strengthen professional relationships with Visit Alexandria members and tourism partners to increase business, leverage budgets and gain exposure
• Assist Sr. V.P. Sales in securing F.I.T. and group business from international tour operators and domestic receptive operators
• Adhere to individual and team performance guidelines and production goals; responsible for submission of regular sales activity reports and quarterly action plans
• Stay on top of industry best practices, trends, standards and benchmarks and adjusts strategies accordingly; assist in identifying trends in assigned market(s) and generating supporting website content
• Be extraordinary in all activities and willing to go beyond to stand out among the competition
Desired Skills & Experience
• B.S. degree with a minimum of three years hospitality or tourism sales experience, international sales experience a plus
.• Active participation in planner organizations such as MPI, PCMA, SGMP, etc.
• Proven ability to achieve/exceed sales goals
• Superb communication skills (oral, written and technical)
• Familiarization with social media platforms as sales tools
• Strong relationship building skills to collaborate with partners, customers and team members
• Excellent account and project management skills
• Enjoys a fast pace environments and adapts easily to change
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Customer Relationship Management software (preferred)
• Interested in career advancement in the destination marketing industry
• Passion for Alexandria and tourism
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; annual bonus potential; excellent health, dental, and vision benefits; 401(k) match; paid transit or parking; fitness center; and vacation. Visit Alexandria has a small and supportive team offering the candidate a sense of ownership and influence from day one. Candidates will find a friendly office culture which is high energy, creative and positive. The office is Metro accessible (Braddock Road) and bike friendly.
Please forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with Destination Sales Manager in the subject line.