A visit to the home of George Washington is a great American adventure everyone should experience, especially when you can do it by boat! Spirit provides the only round-trip Mount Vernon cruises direct from Washington, DC. Enjoy a leisurely narrated riverfront tour as we cruise to the Mount Vernon estate. While on board, take in the beautiful scenery along the Potomac and purchase a bite to eat from the snack bar.
Each round trip ticket includes a cruise to the estate, admission to Mount Vernon and your cruise back to Spirit’s dock in Washington, DC. The cruise to Mount Vernon typically takes 1.5 hours. You'll have about 3 hours at the estate before boarding for our 1.5 hour return cruise to DC. Take a guided tour or explore the estate grounds on your own.
One-way excursions and 40-minute turnaround cruises are also available aboard Spirit from the Mount Vernon dock.
2016 Seasonal Schedule
- March 11 - March 20 | Friday - Sunday only
- March 29 - August 28 | Tuesday - Sunday only
- September 9 - October 30 | Friday - Sunday only
- Monday Holiday Cruises:
Memorial Day, May 30
Independence Day, July 4
Labor Day, September 5
Columbus Day, October 10
- SW Waterfront Boarding Time 8:00am | Departure 8:30am
- Arrival at Mount Vernon 10:00am
- Return Boarding 1:15pm | Departure 1:30pm
- Arrival at SW Waterfront 3:00pm