Virginia Cider Week will showcase locally fermented ciders from across the Commonwealth. Last year's Cider Week included tastings, cider dinners, tap takeovers, cider happy hours, and more.
Some fun events during Virginia Cider Week:
- At Whole Foods Alexandria, enjoy a tasting with Albemarle on November 11 and with Potter's on the November 19. Whole Foods carries Potter's Craft, Castle Hill, Albemarle Ciderworks, Foggy Ridge, and Blue Bee ciders.
- Cider Weekend at Rustico on November 12-13. They'll have a special menu with pairings.
- Pizzeria Paradiso is hosting Courtney Mailey of Blue Bee Cider to do a pouring on November 16. They carry Albemarle and Blue Bee ciders.
- John Strongbow's is hosting a tap takeover on November 17-18 and will have a special pairings all week long.
- Attend a lecture on colonial cidermaking and drinking by Steve Bashore, Director of Historic Trades at George Washington's Mount Vernon on November 17 at 7PM. Tickets are $10.00 atshop.alexandriava.gov.
- Unwined will host a tasting November 18 from 5-7PM. The lineup will include Foggy Ridge, Albemarle Cider Works, Mt.Defiance, and Blue Bee Cider.
- Fontaine Caffee and Creperie is hosting a cider and crepes tasting with Cobbler Mountain cider on November 19 from 5:30-7PM.
- Come to "Meet the Cidermakers Cider Festival" on Novmber 19 at The Lyceum from 7-9:30 PM. Enjoy a selection of ciders and the opportunity to meet and learn from their makers! The event includes a souvenir glass, live music, an art exhibition, hors d'oeuvres, and desserts. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased online at shop.alexandriava.gov.
- Virginia ciders at The Wharf all week long
- Virginia cider tasting at Cheesetique, Del Ray on November 17, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
List of participating establishments:
- The Wharf
- Whole Foods
- Pizzeria Paradiso
- John Strongbow's
- Belle View Unwined
- Fontaine Caffe
- MOM's Organic Market
For a complete list of Cider Week events, visit www.CiderWeekVA.com.