First Night Alexandria
The Largest Family-Friendly Alexandria New Year’s Eve Party in the D.C. Region
First Night Alexandria, the largest family-friendly and alcohol-free New Year’s Eve party in the Washington, D.C. region, returns to Old Town December 31, 2016 with family-friendly activities beginning at 2 p.m. and a culminating spectacular fireworks display over the Potomac River at midnight. This annual New Year’s Eve bash takes over Old Town Alexandria with more than 150 performances at 24 indoor venues.
Each year, revelers stroll Old Town Alexandria’s historic streets among art galleries, historic sites, churches and even retail shops that have been transformed into cozy performance venues. Intimate concerts at Principle Gallery and Imagine Artwear will entertain guests while the Torpedo Factory Art Center and the George Washington Masonic National Memorial rock with dancing to great bands. Old Town’s many restaurants and pubs welcome First Night fans, with a choice of eateries catering to families with children or couples looking for an upscale date night.
- 150+ performances
- 24 indoor venues in Old Town and one in Del Ray
- Fun for kids starting at 2 p.m., including the 8th Annual Fun Hunt
- Entertainment from 7 p.m.-midnight
- Rhythm and blues, traditional Irish music, old school funk, acoustic folk, swing and more
- Dancing in the street starting at the east end of King Street at 10 p.m.
- Spectacular fireworks display over the Potomac at midnight
Tickets are $20 before December 11, $30 after December 11, and are free for children 12 and under and active military. For a full schedule of events and to purchase tickets, visit firstnightalexandria.org or the Alexandria Visitor Center at 221 King Street.