< Back
R.E. Lee Camp Hall
Union troops seized this residence and converted it to a hospital. After the war, it became the hall of R.E. Lee Camp of Confederate Veterans, established in 1884 and named in honor of Alexandria’s Robert E. Lee. Today the Mary Custis Lee-17th Virginia Regiment Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy operates a museum dedicated to the Alexandria companies of the 17th Virginia Infantry and open to the public on select days.
Credit: Office of Historic Alexandria