Did you know Alexandria used to be part of Washington, DC? That means our city offers the best views of the capital (just minutes away) amongst unexpected gems across the Potomac. Alexandria is equipped with multiple public transportation outlets that are both easily navigable and quick to get you where you need to go. Once you're here enjoying the sites, we've got bikes, boats, Metrorail lines and trolleys to get you around the city or into DC. Here are some of the transportation outlets that make getting in and out of Alexandria so simple:
- 3 airports (Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport [DCA], Dulles International Airport [IAD] and Baltimore-Washington International Airport [BWI])
- 4 Metrorail stations (King St-Old Town, Braddock Road, Eisenhower Ave and Van Dorn Street)
- 15 minute drive from Old Town Alexandria to the National Mall (along scenic George Washington Memorial Parkway)
- 17 minute Metrorail ride from the King St-Old Town station to downtown DC
- 25 minute walk along King Street from the waterfront to the Metrorail and Amtrak stations
- 45 minute boat cruise to Georgetown (30 minutes to Nationals Park for a ballgame)
Here are some insider tips for finding the best parking spots in Alexandria...
Stop by Ramsay House for all things Alexandria, including sightseeing brochures, maps and a gift shop...