Executive Chef Shannon Overmiller
1 lb. Maryland jumbo lump blue crabmeat (de-shelled)
½ cup sherry
1 cup onion, small dice
½ cup celery, small dice
1/2 lb. butter
½ cup flour
2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 tb. Tabasco sauce
2 quarts ½ and ½
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. In large pot, put ½ of the butter (1/4 lb.), onions, and celery. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sweat until translucent and tender.
2. Add flour, then cook out until blond in color and a smooth consistency is achieved.
3. Add Worcestershire and Tabasco.
4. Add sherry, then reduce. Once reduce, add ½ and ½ .
5. Add crab meat, and bring up just to almost a boil, but do not boil.
6. Add in remaining butter at the end to enrich.
7. Check the seasoning of salt and pepper. And serve.
** This is even better the next day.
Check out what other travelers say about Alexandria tourism on TripAdvisor.