The Maps Explorer is an interactive map to find hotels, restaurants and things to do and......
Presidential Hot Spots
With fine dining plus acclaimed neighborhood favorites, visitors can see why President Obama and the First Family have frequented Alexandria eateries. At the Grille at Morrison House, diners can treat their ears and taste buds at piano bar shows by the White House pianist that performed for every president from Nixon through Clinton and or go back in time and dine at Gadsby's Tavern (George Washington's favorite!), which has hosted all of the country's first five presidents.
Barack Obama and the First Family
• Restaurant Eve: President Obama and First Lady Michelle celebrated their anniversary in style.
• Dairy Godmother: A father's day treat for President Obama and his daughters Sasha and Malia
• Del Ray Pizzeria: Featuring presidential pies enjoyed by Barack Obama.
• The Majestic: Chef Shannon Overmiller presents selections from the First Family's menu for Michelle's mother's birthday, including a classic Caesar salad, fried oysters, fried green tomatoes and the Majestic's signature meatloaf.
• Union Street Public House: Sample trout and gumbo at this eatery visited by Michelle and Malia Obama.
• Vermilion: President Obama and First Lady Michelle delight in a romantic Valentine's Day dinner at this cozy restaurant.
White House Pianist for Nixon through Clinton
• The Grille at Morrison House: Piano bar features Bob Smith, the White House pianist who performed for every president from Nixon through Clinton. Performances Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Ronald Reagan and Laura Bush
• Ireland's Own (formerly Pat Troy's Ireland's Own): Surprise visit by Ronald Reagan on St. Patrick's Day 1988. The restaurant features photos of Reagan, the original table where he dined and a bust of the president.
• Jackson 20: Laura Bush dined here during her husband's presidency. This tavern was named for President Andrew Jackson and his picture on the $20 bill.
George Washington and Early Presidents
• Gadsby's Tavern Restaurant: Favorite of George Washington and host to all of the first five U.S. presidents.
• Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant: Adjacent to George Washington's Mount Vernon Estate, Museum & Gardens.