Black Friday Shopping in Alexandria
Alexandria invites holiday shoppers to the Washington, DC region's biggest destination for independent boutiques on Black Friday, November 28, 2014, with free parking, early and extended hours, and discounts at your favorite locally-owned stores. Enjoy an alternative shopping experience brimming with holiday cheer and one-of-a-kind deals on home décor, chic fashions, gourmet food, classic toys and gifts for dogs.
- Begin shopping as early as 6 a.m. with store-wide sales and specials. Explore participating store offers below.
- Enjoy free parking at parking meters plus City-owned garages and lots
- The Free King Street Trolley will begin operating at 6 a.m. so you can bag even more bargains all over Old Town
- Warm up with a hot beverage and breakfast on the 800 block of King Street, where shops will host a free coffee and donut bar on the city sidewalks, and find early restaurants openings and breakfast deals in the listings below.
- After your shopping is done, stay for the popular City of Alexandria's Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at 6 p.m. on Market Square. As the official kick-off to the holiday season in Alexandria, this free event includes live entertainment, a special visit from Santa Claus, and community caroling.
Browse through the stores listed below or use the search to sort by shops or restaurants. Also, check back often as more stores are added daily!
Can't do it all in one day? Check out the promotions on Small Business Saturday.
In addition to free street parking at all parking meters, the City of Alexandria is offering free parking in all City-owned parking lots and garages:
Market Square Garage | 108 North Fairfax Street | 6 a.m. Friday - 6 a.m. Saturday
Courthouse Square Garage | 111 South Pitt Street | 6 a.m. - 3 a.m.
Thompson's Alley Garage | 10 Thompson's Alley | 6 a.m. - 11 p.m.
N Union Street Garage | 220 North Union Street | 6 a.m. - 2:30 a.m.
South Henry Street Lot | 112 South Henry Street | 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Cameron / St. Asaph Street Lot | 210 North St. Asaph Street | 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
< Back to Top>