Careers at Visit Alexandria
Position: Contract Destination Sales Manager
Project Duration - present to September 8, 2021
Visit Alexandria promotes Alexandria, Virginia as a premier destination for leisure tourism and groups. Visit Alexandria is a leading-edge DMO with a results-driven culture that encourages creativity, idea testing, agility, and passion. We are seeking a DMV- based seasoned sales manager to fill a three-to-four month vacancy.
Project Scope of Work
The Destination Sales Consultant will take ownership of the designated market segment(s) fulfilling all duties and responsibilities necessary to develop and foster group meetings business through pro-active direct sales, marketing and social media. This will be achieved through solicitation of existing and new industry relationships and the implementation of traditional and non-traditional sales techniques and strategies.
- Represent Visit Alexandria to Virginia, Maryland, and East Coast states meeting planners to optimize existing accounts and cultivate new business. Market segments include corporate, association, and third party accounts. Services provided include:
- account management
- site inspections
- sales calls (in-person or virtual)
- industry networking events
- fam trips
- signature events (in-person or virtual)
- Conversion into signed contracts from leads generated above to obtain personal and team production goals
- Inquiry and RFP response on behalf of Visit Alexandria to prospective clients in the above noted markets
- Fulfillment of outlined marketing and quarterly action plan strategies adapting with initiative-driven contributions
- Strong product knowledge providing destination expertise to customers and partners
- Utilization of prior planner relationships in the above noted markets to contribute to new business development for Visit Alexandria
- Content development for meetings website, blog and social media based on new market trends
- Weekly submission of sales activities and measurement of performance and production goals to include prospecting, sales calls/site inspections, lead generation and definite bookings
- Ongoing updates to Visit Alexandria database (CRM) based on project work
- Active participation in PCMA
Desired Skills & Experience
- B.S. degree with a minimum of two years sales hospitality or tourism sales experience
- Passion for Alexandria and sales tourism
- Proven ability to achieve/exceed sales goals
- Full understanding of sales and marketing strategies
- Intuitive, creative and innovative in a fast pace environment• Enjoys meeting people and excels in building relationships
- Excellent account and project management skills
- Refined writing and verbal presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, CRM software (preferred) and social media platforms (LinkedIn) as sales tools.
Contract fee will be determined based upon experience and for the three-to-four-month contract
Our office is located in Old Town Alexandria, just minutes from Washington, D.C. All staff is currently working remotely. Easily accessible by Metro, Alexandria’s historic streets, chic shopping, chef-driven restaurants, and dynamic waterfront make it an extraordinary place to work. Recent accolades include: Top 5 Best Small City in the U.S. for three consecutive years- Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards (2018-2020); The Top 20 Destinations You Should be Traveling to Next Year- Departures (2019); The Friendliest Cities in the U.S.: 2020 Readers' Choice Awards (Alexandria #5)—Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards (2020); Platinum Choice Award-Smart Meetings (2020); Readers’ Choice Awards-Convention South (2020).
If you are someone who is local to the DMV area, positive, intuitive and seeking a position where you can make a difference, please forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Contract Destination Sales Manager in the subject line.