As the marketing voice of the City of Alexandria, Visit Alexandria is responsible for increasing tourism and convention revenues. In an increasingly competitive market, Alexandria must aggressively promote itself to grow. As a member of Visit Alexandria, you join with hundreds of other members to form a strong, unified presentation of Alexandria that is extraordinary. Our collective marketing presence is more meaningful and more visible than what any of us can do individually.
Contact Melanie Fallon, Director of Member & Visitor Services, for membership pricing and full benefit information (703) 838-4725.
Not a member? Join Today and take full advantage of these benefits:
- Customized listings on the website, VisitAlexandriaVA.com (reaching over 2 million visitors annually)
- Exclusive access to banners on our website through Destination Travel Network; often the #1 direct link to member business websites. Contact Trisha Meisner for information.
- Social media exposure as a VisitAlexandriaVA "Favorite" Page on Facebook (VisitAlexandriaVA has 80,000+ fans) and in the @AlexandriaVA Members List on Twitter (@AlexandriaVA has 18,000+ followers)
- Event announcements on the calendar on VisitAlexandriaVA.com; with over 170,000 page views per year
- Customized listings in the Official Visitor Guide of Alexandria (circ. 350,000)
- Exclusive distribution of the guide and map in local hotels, on the King Street Trolley and the Alexandria-National Harbor Water Taxi
- A supply of the Official Visitor Guides and Maps for your business
- Exclusive access to advertising in the Official Visitor Guide (circ. 350,000). Contact Chris Dunham for opportunities.
- Exclusive access to advertising on the Official Map (circ. 320,000). Contact Chris Dunham for opportunities.
- Exclusive access on the King Street Trolley (800,000 passengers/yr.)
- In-house public relations team pitching Alexandria stories to media-over 1,100 stories placed last year
VISITOR CENTER PROMOTION
- Staffing at the Visitor Center to answer questions about your business (78,000+ served per year)
- Your marketing brochure displayed at the Visitor Center
- Exclusive advertising access on the Visitor Center welcome display
EDUCATION AND NETWORKING
- Quarterly member marketing workshops to hear the latest trends and research
- Annual Meeting to keep current with Visit Alexandria and network with peers
Or for more information, contact Melanie Fallon, Director of Member & Visitor Services at (703) 838-4725.