Visit Alexandria is the City of Alexandria’s nonprofit tourism marketing agency, promoting Alexandria as a premier destination for tourism and meetings. Named the Top 5 Best Small City in the U.S. by the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, Alexandria's reputation continues to rise nationally and internationally. Visit Alexandria’s umbrella marketing works to increase awareness, visitation and tourism revenues in an increasingly competitive market. As a member of Visit Alexandria, you join with hundreds of other industry partners to form a strong, unified presentation of Alexandria nationally and regionally. Our collective marketing presence is more meaningful and more visible than what any of us can do individually.
For membership pricing and full benefits information, contact Melanie Fallon, director of member & visitor services, at 703-838-4725.
Not a member? Join today and take full advantage of these benefits:
- Customized listings on the website, VisitAlexandriaVA.com (reaching over 2 million visitors annually)
- Exclusive access to banners on our website through Destination Travel Network; often the #1 direct link to member business websites. Contact Trisha Meisner for information.
- Event announcements on the calendar on VisitAlexandriaVA.com (over 170,000 page views per year)
- Customized listing in the Official Visitor Guide of Alexandria (circulation 350,000)
- Exclusive distribution of the guide in local hotels, on the King Street Trolley and the Alexandria-Georgetown-National Harbor Water Taxi
- A supply of Official Visitor Guides for your business
- Exclusive access to advertising in the Official Visitor Guide (circulation 350,000). Contact Trisha Meisner for opportunities.
- Exclusive access on the King Street Trolley (800,000 passengers/year)
- In-house public relations team pitching Alexandria stories to media (over 1,100 stories placed last year)
VISITOR CENTER PROMOTION
- Staffing at the Visitor Center to answer questions about your business (78,000+ served per year)
- Your marketing brochure displayed at the Visitor Center
- Exclusive advertising access on the Visitor Center welcome display
EDUCATION AND NETWORKING
- Quarterly member marketing workshops to hear the latest trends and research
- Annual Meeting to keep current with Visit Alexandria and network with peers
For more information, contact Melanie Fallon, director of member & visitor services: 703-838-4725.