Target Gallery’s newest exhibition, Culture Shock, explores socio-political issues through the lens of graffiti, street, and pop art. The show features work by 16 artists, half of whom are from the greater Metropolitan DC region.
Juried by storyteller and artist Mojdeh Rezaeipour, producer of The Moth’s D.C. StorySLAM and co-founder of Epicure Café.
- Raul Barquet, Staten Island, NY
- Tavin Davis, Bozeman, MT
- Carolyn Faulkner, Wilmington, NC
- Michael Fischerkeller, Marlboro, MD
- Michael Holt, Alexandria, VA
- Sarah Jamison, Washington, DC
- Khanh Le, Washington, DC
- Floydetta McAfee, Alexandria, VA
- Brandon McDonald, Huntingdon, PA
- Sandi Parker, Arlington, VA
- Gabriel Pons, Fredericksburg, VA
- Ron Testa, Wilmette, IL
- James Walker, Leesburg, VA
- Jen Watson, Provo, UT
- Babelon Williams, Indianapolis, IN
- Muhammad Zaman, Buffalo, NY
The public reception will be Second Thursday, September 14, 6 – 8 pm, with artists’ comments starting at 7 pm. Target Gallery will also be hosting a live artist demo with Culture Shock and Torpedo Factory artist Michael Fischerkeller on Second Thursday, October 12 from 6 – 8 pm.