January 7th-January 28th
This 4 week postpartum series has been created to provide new moms with an exercise program that is safe and effective, and aides in post partum recovery. The information here can be applied to other exercise routines such as yoga, barre, gym workout, etc. to make them safe and more efficient.
In this workshop you will learn:
- About diastasis (abdominal separation) and what you can do about it
- How to strengthen pelvic floor muscles
- How to perform safe abdominal strengthening exercises
- Exercises to help improve and maintain posture
- Exercises to help alleviate common pains associated with the postpartum period
- Healthy body mechanics for handling children and other functional movements that occur post baby
As a certified prenatal fitness educator, doula, and childbirth educator, Kate has been working with mothers and babies for over five years. Her background in dance has led her to having a great interest in the physical changes that pregnancy brings about and how mothers can both honor and strengthen their bodies during this unique time in their lives. Kate brings her love of movement, as well as her experience in the childbirth profession into her classes and workshops as she comes alongside mothers helping to empower, support and educate.
Kate has worked closely with Sara Lavan, owner of Local Motion Studio, in creating these workshops, with the goal of continuing, and improving, on the work she has successfully done for a decade as a prenatal and post partum movement specialist.