This prenatal workshop has been created to provide expectant moms with a safe exercise program that is tailored to their own prenatal needs. The information here can be applied to other exercise routines such as yoga, barre, gym workout, etc. to make them safe and more efficient.
In this workshop you will learn:
- About your changing anatomy and how this impacts posture, muscle tone, and health
- What movements to avoid during pregnancy and alternative exercises that you can incorporate into your exercise routine
- How to perform safe abdominal strengthening exercises
- How to strengthen pelvic floor muscles
- Exercises to help improve and maintain posture
- Exercises to help alleviate common pregnancy complaints
- Healthy body mechanics for daily activities
- Ways to incorporate movement into your labor (as well as the benefits of movement and position changing)
ABOUT THE TEACHER KATE
As a certified prenatal fitness educator, doula, and childbirth educator, Kate has been working with mothers and babies for over five years. Her background in dance has led her to having a great interest in the physical changes that pregnancy brings about and how mothers can both honor and strengthen their bodies during this unique time in their lives. Kate brings her love of movement, as well as her experience in the childbirth profession into her classes and workshops as she comes alongside mothers helping to empower, support and educate.