Enjoy a special after-hours event at the Torpedo Factory Art Center every month. Browse open studios and galleries, interact with artists, and enjoy special programming. Stop by on your way to dinner and make an evening of it!
In June, we partner with AGLA and Go Gay DC to celebrate Art Pride.
- Bring your own shirt or tote bag and embellish it with a rainbow silkscreen design with the help of Anne Smith, current post-graduate resident in studio 12, and Veronica Barker-Barzel of Printmakers, Inc. in studio 325.
- Live music with 2nd Independence.
- Attend receptions for Please Touch in Target Gallery as well as Tabletop, Alex Tolstoy: Watermarks, and June’s Open Exhibit in The Art League Gallery.
- Meet Ethiopian artist Daniel Taye and talk to him about his month-long residency in the New Project Studio (studio 8) through St. George Gallery.
- Stop by Sites 2 and 3 for Caribbean Jubilee to see a showcase of work by 20 Caribbean artists for National Caribbean-American Heritage Month.
- Visit the Alexandria Archaeology Museum to enjoy a hands-on activity about Alexandria’s 19th-century salt-glazed stoneware pottery, with docent-in-charge Joanna Gohmann.
- Enjoy three floors of activities, live music, refreshments, and more.