Join us for an enchanted evening of winter lights at Mount Vernon.
Enter the lantern-lit Historic Area and see the vast stretch of the Bowling Green washed in ambient holiday illumination.
See George Washington’s Mansion lit in beautiful amber light as you hear classic holiday music and patriotic quotes. View the upper garden and greenhouse aglow in blue and lavender lights and watch as wintery light patterns move throughout the space.
During the event, you can:
- Chat with soldiers at an 18th-century winter encampment
- See sparks fly at the Blacksmith shop
- Listen to costumed Christmas carolers
- Meet our holiday guest, Aladdin the Camel
- Shop for artisan-made goods crafted using 18th-century techniques
- Purchase warm food and holiday drinks from the Mount Vernon Inn Food Truck
- Shop for holiday gifts at The Shops at Mount Vernon