Discover Alexandria is a walking tour company in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, specializing in historical walking tours, pub crawls, and food tours. All tours are approximately 90 minutes. We have a monthly tour schedule and offer private tours. Discover Alexandria is a veteran-owned and veteran-operated small business.
Let Discover Alexandria develop a customized tour for your group of two to thirty people. To make a group appointment contact Discover Alexandria at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices are $12 per person, $10 for active-duty military, veterans, students, and seniors.
Options include, but are not limited to:
- George Washington's Alexandria Tour - the tour covers Alexandria's colonial and revolutionary period from the town's establishment in 1749 to Washington's death in 1799. Guests learn about Alexandria's founding, its role during the French and Indian War, the American Revolution and George Washington's life in the community
- Discover Alexandria - past to present history tour
- Sweet History - guided sweets tour
- Wine and Sweets Tour - Old Town's best wine and dessert spots
- Shop Alexandria Boutiques Tour
- Historical Pub Crawl
- Ghosts of Alexandria
- Virginia is for Runners Tour - Lace up your running shoes, it's time for the "Virginia is for Runners" guided tour! During Alexandria’s famous running tour, enjoy a flexible and modifiable jogging pace as you experience some of Alexandria’s hidden gems you can’t get to by just walking.