Ten Thousand Villages, a staple on King Street for more than 25 years, is more than a store. We're a global maker‑to‑market movement that breaks the cycle of generational poverty and ignites social change. We're a way for you to shop with intention for ethically-sourced wares — and to share in the joy of empowering makers in ten thousand villages.
Browse our store for everything from handcrafted jewelry made from repurposed brass shell casings from unexploded bombs in Cambodia to hand woven baskets from women in Uganda. Find baskets and throws from Bangladesh made from upcycled Sari fabric. Or, whimsical frames, pizza cutters and book ends from repurposed bicycle chains. Whatever you are looking for, you will find it with meaning at Ten Thousand Villages. As a pioneer of fair trade, we do business differently, putting people and planet first. That means you can trust that every handmade purchase and donation you make directly impact the life and community of its maker in a developing country. We are open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday fro 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ten Thousand Villages is a participant in the Alexandria Health Department’s ALX Promise health and safety program which demonstrates our commitment to higher safety standards for employees and customers than the minimum rules required by law.
Special Shopping Options:
- Shipping options are available. Please contact the store for details.
- Curbside pick-up is available. Call upon arrival and we will bring to your car.
- Set up a private shopping appointment before or after hours for you and up to 10 friends.
- Shop our Blind Boxes this holiday season - choose a category, pick a price point and we will curate a fair trade gift box for your gift. Shipping is free for orders over $50.
Gift Card Information:
- Physical gift cards can be purchased in person or by phone and can be mailed to the recipient and then used in store.
- Physical gift cards can be purchased online and can be mailed to the recipient and then used in store.