For the spring and summer season, the nautically inspired Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria, the first and only waterfront hotel in the historic Virginia town, will offer private sailing lessons with the ‘Set Sail’ package. The new offering gives guests a chance for a distinctive hotel experience and includes a private sailing lesson at the nearby Belle Haven Marina, local wine and oysters on the half shell from James Beard Award nominee Chef Cathal Armstrong’s Hummingbird restaurant, and an overnight stay with complimentary upgrade in a King water view guest room outfitted with a maritime-themed welcome amenity.
Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria’s in-room sailboat murals, bronze fisherman courtyard statue created by a local artist who was inspired by the area’s history of Potomac fishermen, and sweeping riverfront views make it the perfect place to check in and take a guided adventure on the Potomac River. Under the expertise of the experienced instructors at the Mariner Sailing School at Belle Haven Marina in Alexandria, guests will be treated to a two-hour private sailing lesson aboard the Flying Scot. Transportation credits to and from the hotel to the marina are included in the package. After returning from their Potomac River excursion, guests will be able to unwind over a half dozen Virginia oysters on the half shell and sip Virginia wine at the on-site Hummingbird Restaurant.
Set Sail is available beginning on April 20th and bookable through September 28th, 2018, and includes a one-night stay for two in a King River View Guest Room at the Hotel Indigo Alexandria, a two hour private sailing lesson courtesy of the Mariner Sailing School at Belle Haven Marina plus transportation credits to and from the marina. Two glasses of Virginia wine and half a dozen oysters on the half shell from James Beard Award nominee Chef Cathal Armstrong’s Hummingbird restaurant are also included with a nautical welcome amenity.
Rates start at $379 and are based on availability. See below for details on the package and how to book.
Set Sail at Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria:
- Price: Package rates start at $379
- Dates: launches on April 20, available through September 28, 2018. Reservation must be booked fourteen days in advance;
- Booking Link: The package can be booked via the website here: https://hotelindigooldtownalexandria.com/special-offers/ or by calling (703) 721-3800 and asking for the ‘Set Sail’ package.
- Overnight stay in a King River View Guest Room.
- A $25 transportation credit to the marina or complimentary valet parking is included
- A half dozen oysters and two glasses of sparkling Virginia wine at James Beard Award nominee Chef Cathal Armstrong’s Hummingbird restaurant.
- Two hour private sailing lesson at the Mariner Sailing School.
- Nautically themed welcome amenity