This holiday season, the recently opened Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria, the first and only waterfront hotel in the historic Virginia town, is partnering with fashion savant and personal stylist, Alison Teer, of The Scout Guide Alexandria (TSG) to bring guests the very best in shopping within this charming locale just outside the nation’s capital. Recently named one of the best indie boutique scenes on the East Coast, King Street - Alexandria, Virginia’s high street for shopping – is home to over 160 independent and diverse retailers, where residents and guests alike can score unique finds from clothing, shoe, beauty, home design and antique stores.
Hotel Indigo and Alison Teer will kick off the holiday shopping season with Sip. Scout. Shop, a festive and local hotel package offering guests a unique and personalized tour of the very best that Alexandria’s independent retailers have to offer. Sip. Scout. Shop, available beginning on Small Business Saturday, November 25, and bookable through January 30, 2018, includes a one-night stay for two in a King Guest Room at the Hotel Indigo Alexandria, complete with welcome cocktails from James Beard Award nominee Chef Cathal Armstrong’s Hummingbird restaurant (located in the hotel), as well as complimentary overnight valet parking. A welcome tote bag from The Scout Guide Alexandria is filled with a copy of the Guide, a list of Teer’s favorite shopping spots in the city and special promotional offers (discounts and/or gifts with purchase) from local retailers including The Shoe Hive, The Hive, Red Barn Mercantile, Penny Post, Duchess M and Gallery Lafayette. The basic package can be upgraded to include a 2-hour personalized shopping tour with Teer*, who will take guests to the best of Old Town shops based on their holiday shopping goals and needs. The hotel has also partnered with Artisan Matchmaker, a woman-owned Alexandria-based creative concierge for custom gift wrapping. Before checking out the following day, guests can enjoy complimentary breakfast from Chef Armstrong’s Hummingbird, either in the restaurant or as an in-room dining amenity.
Rates start at $164 and are based on availability. See below for details on the package and how to book.
Sip. Shop. Scout at Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria
- Price: Package rates start at $164 *custom gift wrapping, room upgrade and personalized shopping tour with TSG are an additional cost;
- Dates: launches on Small Business Saturday, November 25, and is available through January 30, 2018. *Not available on December 31, 2017. Reservation must be booked one day in advance;
- Booking Link: The package can be booked here. Click on “More Options” and select “Hotel Package” from the rate preference dropdown;
- Overnight stay for two guests in a King Guest Room. Upgrades to a River View room are based on availability for an additional cost;
- Welcome cocktails and complimentary breakfast from Hummingbird Restaurant;
- Welcome tote bag from The Scout Guide Alexandria complete with a copy of the guide and promotional offers from participating local stores including The Shoe Hive, The Hive, Red Barn Mercantile, Penny Post, Duchess M, Gallery Lafayette;
- *As a package upgrade, guests can book two hours with The Scout Guide Alexandria’s Alison Teer (and/or a personal stylist and shopper from The Scout Guide Alexandria) for a personalized shopping tour throughout Old Town Alexandria’s shopping district. There would be an additional fee of $250 and 72 hours’ notice is required to schedule the tour with Teer and/or a TSG representative;
- Complimentary overnight valet parking;
- Custom gift wrapping from creative concierge, Artisan Matchmaker. Pricing starts at $6 for small and medium size gifts and $10 for large gifts. Other sizes will be custom price and service includes all materials for wrapping, with the option to add on gift bags, tags, and other customizable options. Artisan Matchmaker will travel to the hotel to personalize all gift wrapping needs.