Alexandria Santa-gram Giveaway
November 9 – December 20, 2020
The region’s most beloved Santa wants YOU to shop small in Alexandria, Virginia this holiday season! New this year, the Alexandria Santa-gram Giveaway is an opportunity to buy in person or online from participating independently owned retailers in Alexandria for a chance to win a personalized video greeting from the big guy himself. Five winners will be selected each week for six weeks of giveaways from November 9 – December 20, 2020.
Browse participating retailers in Visit Alexandria’s new digital Guide to Alexandria Holiday Shopping and get shopping! Alexandria is the Shop Small headquarters of the D.C. region, and this year, it’s more important than ever to support small businesses as you take part in the seasonal charm of Old Town Alexandria, recognized by Oprah Magazine as one of the Most Magical Christmas Towns Across the World in 2020.
Safety Reminders: Face coverings are required in Virginia at all indoor public places, except while eating, drinking or exercising. Face coverings are also required outdoors whenever 6 feet of physical distance cannot be maintained. Please bring a face covering with you whenever you go out.
Additionally, boutiques are following state guidelines to limit occupancy for your safety and that of their staff. Please be prepared to briefly wait outside before browsing.
How to Enter
- Shop in person or online with participating Alexandria retailers featured in the new digital Guide to Alexandria Holiday Shopping between November 9 and December 20, 2020.
- Snap a picture of your receipt and attach it when you register your giveaway entry online via the Alexandria Santa-gram Giveaway Entry Form. Note: Receipts submitted with entries must show the date of purchase between November 9 and December 20, 2020 at the participating retailer featured in the Guide to Alexandria Holiday Shopping and located within the City of Alexandria.
- One entry per person, per day between November 9 – December 20, 2020. The deadline for each weekly submission is Sunday night at 11:59 p.m.
Weekly Submission Deadline by 11:59 PM
- Sunday, November 15
- Sunday, November 22
- Sunday, November 29
- Sunday, December 6
- Sunday, December 13
- Sunday, December 20
- Five winners will be selected at random each week by Visit Alexandria. A winner may only receive a personalized greeting once and is not eligible to win a greeting on subsequent weeks.
- Winners will be notified by email each Monday between November 9 and December 20, 2020 and will be asked to provide details for the Santa-gram. Responses must be given within the deadline provided to receive the personalized Santa-gram recording.
Note: Personalized recordings provided to the winner are final based on the information provided to Visit Alexandria.
In Person Entry
You may also enter to win in person (with receipt or without a receipt, as no purchase is required for entry) at the Alexandria Visitor Center at 221 King Street, open Sunday-Thursday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Friday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
About Santa Jack
One or two words from the deep, rich, basso profundo voice that belongs to Santa Jack and you'll know you've truly met the big guy himself. Delighting families as the official Santa in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, for more than five years, Santa Jack traditionally poses for pictures with children and calls on his heritage as a Scotsman to play the bagpipes in the Campagna Center’s annual Scottish Christmas Walk Parade, which will unfortunately, not occur in 2020 due to COVID-19. Santa Jack has also served as the National Santa at the National Christmas Tree in Washington, D.C., which has been decorated each December since 1923. You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone better qualified to hold the reins of a sleigh propelled through the air by ten special reindeer than Santa Jack, who, after graduating from the U.S. Naval Academy, went on to a career as a qualified aircraft carrier pilot. Santa Jack's whimsical personality always leaves children of all ages believing ever so much more in the magic and wonderment of the holiday season.