Key to the City Attractions Pass
Due to the current coronavirus situation, some attractions and historic sites have adjusted their hours or remain closed. For more information, read our FAQs or see our list of attraction reopening information on our "What's Open" page.
The best way to unlock Alexandria's rich culture and history is with our Key to the City attractions pass. From Alexandria's co-founders to the nation's first president and from the Civil War to civil rights, learn about our remarkable history and walk amongst original 18th-and 19th-century architecture preserved by a city dedicated to honoring its past. Plus, enjoy discounts on some of the top regional attractions.
For only $20 (a $60 value!) the Key to the City attractions pass includes:
- Access to 9 historic sites
- 40% off for the following:
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon admission
- City Cruises anchored by Hornblower roundtrip water taxi pass
- Tall Ship Providence tour
- 10% off coupon for museum store purchases valid at 11 sites
- Suggestions of additional free historic sites
How to Purchase
Purchase your Key to the City at the Alexandria Visitor Center located at 221 King Street and tread paths once taken by some of the most prolific figures in American history. Passes may also be purchased online, and will be delivered to your home (U.S. or Canada) in 10 days or less.
- Coupons can only be redeemed in person at the attractions, not online.
- Not every attraction on the pass is open at this time. See current status for each attraction on our "What's Open" page.
- Capacity at Mount Vernon remains limited. Please visit early in the day if possible to ensure entry times are available.
- To ensure a quality experience for all, groups of more than 10 people should contact participating sites directly prior to purchase to confirm a reservation.
Learn about Alexandria’s historic sites below.