Key to the City Attractions Pass
Due to the current coronavirus situation, various attractions and historic sites have adjusted their hours or remain closed. For more information, read our FAQs or see our list of attraction reopening information on our "What's Open" page.
The best way to unlock Alexandria's rich culture and history is with our Key to the City attractions pass. From Alexandria's co-founders to the nation's first president and from the Civil War to civil rights, learn about our remarkable history and walk amongst original 18th-and 19th-century architecture preserved by a city dedicated to honoring its past.
For only $20 (a $60 value!) the Key to the City attractions pass includes:
- Access to 9 historic sites
- 40% off for the following:
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon admission
- Potomac Riverboat Water Taxi by Hornblower roundtrip - NEW!
- Note: Seasonal Water Taxi service is now paused for the rest of the year and will resume in March 2021.
- Tall Ship Providence (opening in 2020) tour - NEW!
- 10% off coupon for museum store purchases valid at 11 sites
- Suggestions of 3 additional free historic sites
How to Purchase
Purchase your Key to the City at the Alexandria Visitor Center located at 221 King Street and tread paths once taken by some of the most prolific figures in American history. Passes may also be purchased online, and will be delivered to your home (U.S. or Canada) in 10 days or less.
*To ensure a quality experience for all, groups of more than 10 people should contact participating sites directly prior to purchase to confirm a reservation.
Learn about Alexandria’s historic sites below.